Be Creative and Decorate the Rakhi Thali on Your Own
The chaste bond of affection between brothers and sisters is considered to be the noblest and deepest of human emotions. Raksha Bandhan is celebrated to rejoice the emotional bonding between the siblings. When we talk about rakhi, how can forget rakhi thali? The exquisitely crafted thalis are greatly in demand since yesteryear. The puja is relatively incomplete without Pooja thali.
Rakhi Pooja thali is a divine plate in which the girls put all the items that are needed to perform the rakhi tying ceremony. These things include sweets, rakhi, rice, roli, diya and sometimes Nariyal. An aesthetically decorated thali offers an impression of affection and love for your brother. If you wish to design the plate on your own, here are some ideas to accomplish the same.
Rakhi Thali Decoration Ideas
• First and foremost, coat the surface of the Pooja thali. You can either make the use of silver, steel, gold or other known metal. You can also think out of the box and use a craft paper of yellow, red or other traditional colors. Attach ribbons all around to make the surface look beautiful and gorgeous.
• Next, draw a swastik at the middle of the thali. By doing this, your plate looks ethnic and traditional for the auspicious occasion. Over the swastik, place a lighted diya.
• Put other elements such as moli, roli, rice etc.
• Place the rakhi on the left hand side of the plate. Make sure that the threads are not bend and further the design of the rakhi should enhance the embellishment of the thali. Put the moli in the very front of the rakhi thread.
• Keep his favorite sweets on the right hand side of the Pooja thali.
• Also place a kalash filled with fresh water which is used to wet the roli to apply tilak on the forehead of your brother.
Henceforth, make the rakhi thali adorable and lovable by applying the aforesaid ideas. To make it look more traditional, place idol of Lord Krishna or Ganesha.