One of the unique festivals celebrated in India is the Raksha Bandhan, which honors the everlasting bond of brothers and sisters. This day is celebrated with zeal and enthusiasm in different parts of the country. On this day, a sister ties a sacred thread called rakhi to the brother’s wrist, and in return, the brother promises to protect her. They exchange gifts and sweets, which is one of the main elements of this day.
If you want to impress your brother or sister on this Raksha Bandhan with a unique gift to win their hearts, then why not make something on your own? Handmade rakhi gifts are becoming trendy and are top choices when your need is something unique and from the heart. There are many homemade rakhi gifts for sisters and brothers which you can make and give them a huge surprise. If you are looking for some ideas, we have got you covered. Here we have some interesting DIY rakhi gift ideas to help you please your siblings on this festive occasion.
Looking for gift ideas for Raksha Bandhan? Here’s the first one on our list. Whether we are morning or evening people, we still love to have a hot cup of tea or coffee just to wake ourselves. If your brother or sister also loves to have tea or coffee, then a personalized mug will undoubtedly be a great rakhi gift for them. Your sibling may have a couple of pretty mugs, but being gifted a DIY mug has its own charm. So, follow the steps given below to personalize a coffee mug for your brother or sister:
- Take a white or designer ceramic mug of your choice.
- Take acrylic paint and create designs on the mug.
- You can cover the bottom of the mug with glue and sprinkle glitter for a sparkling effect.
- Let the glue dry.
- Then, write messages or texts such as “Best Sister”, “Best Brother”, etc., with a permanent marker
If you are looking for DIY rakhi gifts for your siblings who are bibliophiles, then they will love to have bookmarks. You can make as many bookmarks as you want, pair them with your siblings’ favorite books, and give it to them on Raksha Bandhan. And, it’s very easy to make DIY bookmarks even if you feel you aren’t creative. This DIY bookmark also makes a wonderful return rakhi gift for a sister. Here are the steps to make a DIY book:
- Take cardboard or a thick sheet of paper.
- Cut the paper or cardboard into the shape of a vertical rectangle.
- Punch a hole at the center top of the bookmark.
- You can add a tassel or a ribbon to the punched hole.
- You can use watercolor on the bookmark in random patterns and designs.
- Write some book quotes on one side and a message for your sibling on the other side.
DIY Photo Rakhi
Every year you give your brother a designer rakhi which is bejeweled with pearls, beads, and other embellishments. This year, why not make the day extra special for your brother by tying a DIY photo rakhi to him? To make this amazing rakhi, all you need is a photo of your brother, perfect for the size of the rakhi dial, beads, thread or ribbons, and other items of your choice for decoration. The steps to make this rakhi are given below:
- Take a piece of cardboard and cut it into a small rectangle or circle. This will be the rakhi dial.
- Color the dial in any shade of your choice.
- Take the photo of your brother and paste it on the dial.
- Now decorate the border of the dials by pasting beads, sequins, and other items.
- Paste this dial on a piece of thread of a ribbon.
Jar of Messages
If you are looking for thoughtful handmade rakhi gifts for your brother and sister, then here is another one. It’s a mason jar filled with short and sweet messages. This is one of the easiest DIY Raksha Bandhan gifts to make and perfect to please your brother or sister on this festive occasion. To make this special rakhi gifts, follow the easy steps mentioned below:
- Take a small mason jar and decorate it with ribbons, stickers, etc.
- Take two to three sheets of paper and cut them into numerous small squares.
- Write your messages in these papers for your brother or sister.
- Fold it and put all the messages in the jar. Also, add some candies and chocolates.
Another one of the best DIY gifts for rakhi for your brother and sister is a wall hanging. This is super easy to make and only requires a couple of art supplies, such as wool, ribbons, cardboard, handmade paper, glue gun, etc. This sweet gift will greatly please your brother or sister on Raksha Bandhan. Here’s how you can make it:
- Take a small wooden stick or a small tree branch.
- Make tassels and pompoms from wools and attach it to the branch using glue.
- Take to woolen threads and tie them from the either side of the branch.
- Bring the two threads together and make a knot. This knot will be used to hang the wall hanging.
- You can paste a card on it with cute messages for your brother or sister or their names and present it to them.
Those were some of the best DIY rakhi gift ideas for brothers and sisters. These handmade gifts for Rakhi are very creative and very easy to make. No matter which handmade rakhi gift you pick for your brother or sister, they are sure to be so touched by it as it will show your love to them. You can also head to online rakhi stores to buy designer rakhis, pair them with this gift, and present it to your brother. Rakhibazaar is one such portal that offers several rakhis and delivery in PAN India, making it easy for you to send rakhi to Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, and even abroad with free shipping.